Frequently Asked Questions
- What is MyFleetUpdate?
- What is a fleet?
- How big does a fleet have to be to obtain a fleet discount?
- Who can access fleet discounts and service benefits?
- How does MyFleetUpdate help eliminate vehicle down time?
- What services are offered by MyFleetUpdate?
- Is MyFleetUpdate a motor vehicle finance provider or fleet management organisation (FMO)?
- Can I switch finance mid-contract?
- My employer doesn’t offer salary sacrificing, can MyFleetUpdate help me?
- But I get a staff discount, can’t I use that to buy my car?
It is difficult to find adequate information about motor vehicle fleets and the complexities of purchasing, maintaining, and managing a fleet.
We recognised this need and have created MyFleetUpdate, a single motor vehicle fleet information source that keeps fleet managers and business decision makers up-to-date and in the loop on a range of issues they often face.
- Private vehicles: Your very own vehicle! You may be eligible to receive massive fleet discounts.
- Corporate fleets: Anywhere from 1 to thousands of vehicles.
Believe it or not, one vehicle can be a fleet. There’s a common misconception that fleets are the domain of big companies with large sales teams.
Although we manage the “traditional” large corporate vehicle fleets, many fleet customers only own one or two vehicles, yet still receive fleet discount on both vehicle purchases and servicing.
Fleet owners include tradies, self-employed professionals, Nurses, Doctors, policemen, hospitality employees, most employees, including Mums and Dads.
- Full time employees. That’s right. If you work for someone, we can help you apply fleet discounts and fleet service benefits – even if you are only purchasing one vehicle for your own private use!
- Self-employed. Even if you only own one vehicle.
- You manage a corporate fleet from 1 to thousands of vehicles.
Our fleet management service includes a car replacement program. This means that whenever a vehicle we manage is off the road for servicing or repairs, we’ll deliver or organise a replacement vehicle to your address. We’ll then take your vehicle to a service centre in our dealer direct fleet management network and once complete, return your vehicle to you.
There’s no down time and no additional cost to you.
- We can compare the best vehicles available in the Australian market for you
- We help you with finance packages available at your convenience
- We complete the negotiation on your behalf and use our huge buying power to create packages where you can’t lose
- We’ll compare finance packages for you
No. We can compare and source the best finance deals from Australia’s leading finance providers. Because of our large buying power, we can negotiate fantastic rates and packages for you – even if you didn’t purchase your vehicle through us.
Yes. We regularly obtain cheaper rates to large vehicle fleet owners who have long relationships with existing finance providers.
Absolutely. Salary Sacrificing is more than saving you taxes. You may also be entitled to fleet discounts which can save you big dollars, which means you can obtain a better deal on your next car.
Self-employed, contractors, sub-contractors, tradies, office staff of small and large companies, plus many more can salary sacrifice.
It pays to compare. Our buying power, combined with our automotive industry experience means that our fleet discounts and service inclusions absolutely smash staff discounts offered by leading employers.